Invoicing workers’ compensation patients

WorkCover WA often receives enquiries from general practitioners, specialists and medical practice staff about how to invoice workers’ compensation patients.

Generally, a worker will pay their medical invoice after a consultation or treatment, and be reimbursed by their employer’s insurance company if the claim has been accepted.

However, you can also issue the invoice to the insurance company managing the injured worker’s claim to pay directly. You will need to contact the insurer to arrange this.

If you require further information about invoicing patients, please contact WorkCover WA’s Advice and Assistance line on 1300 794 744.

Page last updated: 12 April 2019 at 4:14 pm