What do I charge for workers’ compensation treatment?

WorkCover WA publishes fees for medical and allied health treatments, and updates these in November each year. The fees are available at https://www.workcover.wa.gov.au/resources/rates-fees-payments/#Medfees

If the medical service you provide to an injured worker is not covered by WorkCover WA’s fees, you should use the code in either the Australian Medical Association’s List of Medical Services and Fees, or search for it on the Department of Health and Ageing’s Medicare Benefits Schedule Online website.

It’s important to include a clear description of the service provided on your invoice for the workers’ compensation insurer.

If you require further information about what to charge for treatment, please contact WorkCover WA’s Advice and Assistance line on 1300 794 744.

Page last updated: 27 June 2019 at 7:05 pm