WorkCover WA Conference 2019
The highly anticipated WorkCover WA Conference will take place on 8 and 9 May 2019 at the Pan Pacific Hotel, Perth. This year’s Conference theme ‘Facing forward’ extends an injury management focus to broader themes relevant to workers’ compensation.
The Conference program reflects the diverse nature of the scheme, with an excellent line up of experienced local and interstate speakers who will cover topics in areas including people and change, workers’ compensation, mental health, cultural intelligence, health, and risks and claims management.
It will provide general practitioners with an exciting opportunity to meet and hear from other injury management and workers’ compensation professionals, including:
- Dr JP Caneiro, specialist sports physiotherapist, who will present about managing lower back pain and multidisciplinary care
- Mr David Colvin, orthopaedic surgeon, who will present about arthritis as a work injury
- Professor Ian Harris, orthopaedic surgeon, who will present about the effectiveness of spine fusion surgery in the workers’ compensation setting
- Ms Kim McClean, workplace health and safety manager, who will present about managing obese patients in the Western Australian Country Health Service
- Dr Tim Mitchell, specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist, who will present about clinical practice guidelines and results of research into its uptake
- Dr Mary Wyatt, occupational physician, who will present about what influences return to work.
Places are filling fast, register here to attend. Stay up to date with the latest Conference news at www.facingforward.workcover.wa.gov.au/.